Program Background & Brief:
A lot of youth aspire to make positive change in their community, whether by spreading awareness about a certain issue, empowering community groups, serving the needy, advocating for a cause or lobbying for some policy change, yet in most cases they lack the needed skills, tools and resources to achieve what they dream of.
In this context, Aie Serve, as a youth empowerment organization and through the Aie Power Program, aims at empowering those youth by giving them the needed training, coaching and financial support to achieve their aspirations
Themes of Interest:
- Public Transportation
- Professional Volunteerism
- Youth Empowerment
- Professional Development
- Awareness/Advocacy Campaign
- Capacity Building
- Community Service/Social Work
- Research/Policy Drafting
- Applicants must be a group of at least 4 people (groups of more than 4 are preferable)
- Applicants must be all youth (i.e. between 18 – 30 years )
- Applicants must be all volunteering in their project, not paid in any way to plan/implement it.
- Applicants must work according to Aie Serve’s philosophy of non-discrimination, non-political, non-religious activities while upholding the values of respect, acceptance, love among team members and beneficiaries.
- Applicants must be able to plan and implement their project in a period of 3~4 months maximum.
- Applicants must target the youth as their direct and indirect beneficiaries (i.e. between 18 – 30 years)
- Applicants must be able to implement their project with no more than $2,000 in total costs.
- Applicants must attend all training workshops, meetings and coaching sessions set by the Aie Serve to be eligible.
- Innovation & Creativity: Original and creative ideas that deal with community needs in new and un-conventional manner are highly recommended (15 points)
- Impact: Applicants need to show what is the impact they will leave on the community, the bigger the impact the higher their grading. (10 points)
- Sustainability: Projects that lead to outputs that are sustainable beyond the duration of the project are highly preferable (15 points)
- Youth Involvement: The number of youth involved in the projects, and their diversity in terms of background, regions, education and roles play an important role in project selection. ( 10 points)
Interested to be part of this program? Fill in the application form below! (Deadline: Monday, October 7th, 2013 – midnight)